COVID-19 Safety Procedures Effective: May 10, 2020
- SA Herbst will not allow visitors other than registered students to attend class.
- Attendance will be limited to no more than 8 students.
- Students exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 (Fever, cough. shortness of breath, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and a new loss of taste or smell) will not be allowed to attend class and must leave. They will be re-scheduled for a later date.
- Students must bring their own face mask or covering.
- Students will be placed 6 feet apart during class activities to the extent possible.
During the Class:
- Chairs will be set in classrooms so that students can be 6 feet from others to the extent possible. When students and staff cannot be placed at least 6 feet apart they must wear a face mask or covering.
- Face masks will need to be worn during hands on activities.
- Break and lunch times will be staged to accommodate no more than 10 people at a time in one area.
- SA Herbst will discontinue the use of common food and drink for now. SA Herbst will not bring in or prepare and leave food or drink on counters for students or employees to serve themselves (think: doughnuts, coffee pots.).
- SA Herbst will take precautions with deliveries (such as lunch) and maintain care in handling.
- Disinfectant wipes, sanitizers, and surgical gloves will be provided by SA Herbst and placed in all training rooms for use by staff and students. Students may bring their own hand sanitizer and/or disinfectant wipes.
- Face masks or coverings must be worn by SA Herbst employees and students when social distancing is not feasible.
- Students and employees must wear surgical gloves whenever touching objects that others may touch (like tools and equipment).
- If any students develop COVID-19 symptoms during class they will have to leave. The remainder of the class will be postponed to later date. Others will be advised to contact their physician for guidance and testing. Any SA Herbst employees that may have come into contact with the infected student will be notified. The classroom will be cleaned and disinfected.